Tuesday 31 March 2009

Wrestlemania!

We fought all the time. Whenever I saw him I wanted to pinch him, and he would always retaliate. Once he almost broke my ribs during a footy warm up session. I don’t know why he charged into me to me; it was touch. I was bruised for days. He told me that he didn’t feel bad about what he had done. He never felt bad about anything.

He promised me that he would come to my basketball tournament that Saturday. He told me that he hated going to "those things", but because I was playing he would come. I was so excited. It meant the world to me for him to be there, and I knew he would because he promised...

Only once did we have a 'real' fight.This time there was no pinching, or bruising, or charging; just spilled water, post-its and hurt feelings. It was at work on Friday night. I walked over to his desk to get post-its. He was on the phone with a customer so rather than asking I just took them…

The water spread before I realised what had happened. It was dripping all over his desk and onto the carpet. Everybody was looking over and all the while he was still speaking to the customer, because you know he wanted to uphold good phone etiquette. I just took the post-its and walked away…

He stomped over and snatched them, even the one I was writing on. Now I was speaking to a customer but he bellowed anyway. "What the hell are you doing?” He was mad. He was mad and I felt like crying. I hade not been yelled at like that since I was child. And so I did what any child would do. I confronted him with an email:

From: Geroyan, Caroline
Sent: Friday, 8 June 2007 5:59 PM
To: Aprahamian, Gabriel
Subject: just reply

Number 1: i didnt mean to tip over everything I just needed post-its. Theyre not even rightfully YOURS but if thats how u feel about them then fine...ill respect that.

Number 2: dont yell at me or talk to me in that tone ever again...i didnt deserve it...it was an accident

Number 3: i need post-its

Number 4: IM SORRY..u cant understand how much it KILLS ME to say im sorry to anyone but dont be angry at me..im really sorry...



From: Aprahamian, Gabriel
Sent: Friday, 8 June 2007 7:06 PM
To: Geroyan, Caroline
Subject: RE: if ur not an armo...ull reply

ive had a really shit week and needed to take my anger out



1 whether there mine or not you need to ask for permission

2 you may not have meant to tip it over but you did so an apology could be helpful

3 you just walked off with out even helping fix it with the post its

4 the way I speak to you unfortunately is not your choice so really don't tell me what to do.



...I didn’t think he would come anymore and so I ran on the court without my good luck charm sitting on the grandstand...


At half time I looked up and there he was! He was wearing the pink t-shirt I bought him so he couldn't be missed.

"Hey look, sorry about yesteday. I know I shouldve asked"
"I dont know what you're talking about."

1 comment:

Leebee said...

:O
How dramatic!

Im glad you have never spoken of the post its again!

I am excited to find this blog of my beloved Caroline.


....MY SHOE!