Thursday 9 February 2017

The better unknown


On the quest to find happiness, true happiness, I have been hurt. I have cried, been lied to, manipulated, cheated on, used...well you get the point. 

...but I don’t care.

I am open to everything; to every experience, to every smile, to every tear…well you get the point.

There are so many people I have met who are afraid to be hurt, afraid of the unknown, and lull themselves into an existence where they are coerced (wrongfully, by none other than themselves) into being happy by finding comfort in the known. They are convinced (again, wrongfully) either by their own judgement or by the experience of others that where they are and what they know is that they want - but it is not. Fear holds them back, and it so blatantly obvious, to me anyway.

How sad. Bad experiences have made them shy away from living because they are scared of what might be.

…to hell with that!

The bad means I appreciate the good. It means I learnt something, and better ones are around the corner. 

I can’t be bothered to pretend - I am excited about life, I love life, and even though my eyes have cried, I don't dare to hold back because I know when it is all said and done I have lived – and to me that is more important than protecting myself from the unknown. 

In reality you don't know, and what you don't know may be better than what you do!

No comments: